Getting Started with WebAdvisor
Getting Started on Course Selection
To complete this step, please refer to the course information you selected in the section above.
- Find your program: Look for your 'Associate Diploma Program' courses (above)
- Log into WebAdvisor (https://webadvisor.uoguelph.ca) WebAdvisor is the University's online course registration system. It allows you to search for courses, and find out what day, time, and room number each course is offered
- Log into the site using your Central Login ID and Password. This information is accompanied with your letter of offer. Continue to Step 1 : Log into WebAdvisor to register into courses
Step 1 | Login to WebAdvisor
Step 2 | Search for course section
Step 3 | Preferred sections
Step 4 | Register for course sections
The 'Registration Results' will confirm your success or failure for each course. The 'Status' for a successful registration will display 'Registered for this section'.
NOTE: If a problem is detected, you will not be registered into ANY of the courses for which you have selected 'Register'. If unsuccessful, a message will be displayed (see below more error messages). You may need to register into one course at a time if you are unsure which selection is causing the error.
Step 5 | Confirming conflicts
Under 'ACADEMIC PROFILE', select 'Class Schedule', then 'Fall 2020' and then 'Submit'.
Verify that none of your lectures or labs overlap. Using the 'Class Schedule Grid', any conflicts will be overlapping each other. Continue to Step 6 to correct the error.
NOTE: Class Schedules will NOT be created for students in Equine Care and Management/Veterinary Technology programs.
Step 6 | Dropping courses
From the navigation, select 'Register and Drop Sections'. You will see your 'Preferred Sections' list and your 'Current Registration' list.
Select the box under the 'Drop' column in the row for the course(s)/section(s) you wish to drop. Use the 'Submit' button to confirm selections.
On the 'Registration Results' page, verify that the message 'Dropped from section' is displayed for any selections from the previous step.
Conflicts & Errors
There are a number of errors that may occur during the registration process. Below are some common messages you may see:
- 'XXXX*1234*R1 - REGISTRATION IN XXXX*1234*R1 PUTS STUDENT IN OVERLOAD. PROGRAM COUNSELOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED.'
You have attempted to register into more than your 3.0 allowed credit limit. In order to register for more than six courses (3.0) credits, you will require the consent of the program counsellor.
- 'XXXX*1234*R10X - COURSE XXXX*1234 PREREQUISITES HAVE NOT BEEN STARTED.'
You have attempted to register for a course in which you do not have the appropriate prerequisite(s). In order to register for this course, you will need to contact the program counsellor.
- 'XXXX*1234*R10X - SECTION XXXX*1234*R10X IS CLOSED, ENROLMENT NOT ALLOWED.'
You have attempted to register for a course/section that is full and therefore closed. You should select another open section/course that fits your schedule. In order to register into the closed section, you will require the instructor's approval on a Course Waiver Request form from program counsellor.
NOTE: Approvals are not automatic.
For assistance, please contact:
Kim Sonneveld, Program Counsellor
W.R. Reek Building, Room H104B
519-674-1500 x63534 email@example.com