- Students are billed, and pay, on a per-semester basis
- Students must register into courses for an invoice on WebAdvisor to be generated
- A separate invoice will not be generated for the $200 registration deposit due on August 13, 2021. This can be paid following the instructions listed below. Once the payment has been processed, it will appear on your WebAdvisor account under 'Financial Profile - Account View'
- The amount you owe for the Fall semester will be available on the Account View option on WebAdvisor during the summer. Once Student Financial Services activates the semester's fees, you will need to be registered into courses in order to have an amount owing appear
Student Account Dates and Deadlines
- Fall 2021 student semester bill anticipated posting on WebAdvisor: To Be Announced
- $200 Registration Deposit Payment due: August 13, 2021
- Remaining Fall 2021 student account balance payment due: September 17, 2021
Paying your Student Account
- The primary and most preferred method of payment is through online banking, similar to paying a bill online
- Payee Name: University of Guelph Student Fees
- Account Number: Your 7-digit student number
- Note: depending on your banking institution, the University of Guelph may be listed in a variety of ways: University of Guelph Student Fees, Univ of Guelph Student Fees etc.
- Payments made online are processed and appear on your University of Guelph student account within approximately 3 business days
- Make sure you keep a copy of your verification/confirmation number. It is your proof of payment.
Note: For students receiving OSAP funding, please read the Confirmation of Enrolment and Your Student Account section for full details on how OSAP funding is remitted to pay your student account
Other Accepted Methods of Payment
- Certified Cheque (made payable to the University of Guelph; make sure to include your student number on the cheque)
- Telephone Banking
- Money order or bank draft
- HigherEd Points (Aeroplan Miles)
For full details on additional accepted methods of Payment, please see Payments and Settlements
Methods of Payment Not Accepted
- Non-Certified Cheques
- Credit Card
- The University of Guelph does not accept credit cards for the payment of tuition and other fees. Any company or organization that offers the opportunity to pay fees by credit card is not associated with the University of Guelph. If you choose to use such a service, you should be aware that:
- You will remain responsible for all fees should for any reason the fee payment not be processed;
- You will be paying a fee to the company over and above the University of Guelph's fees;
- You will be required to provide personal information, including your student number, to the company.
- The University of Guelph does not encourage the use of third-party credit card payment services.
Student Accounts Frequently Asked Questions
The most common way to make payments on your student account is through online banking.
- Please see the Paying Your Student Account for further details
Refunds are issued by Student Financial Services in Guelph. Domestic refunds are issued through Interac e-Transfer.
For full details on the refund process, please visit uoguelph.ca/registrar/studentfinance/fees/refunds#receive